026 National Geographic Carbon Classic *Second*
- *Second* blue missing in sea - shown in picture
- 30cm (12") diameter globe
- Blue ocean globe
- Available in both illuminated and non-illuminated versions
- National Geographic cartography
- Highly detailed map with over 2000 place names
- See more product details
Availability: Call to Order
Regular Price: £71.00
National Geographic Carbon Classic Illuminated Globe *Second*
About The Globe
The Carbon Classic globe is one of the latest series of globes to feature National Geographic cartography. Over 2,000 place names are included. The text is clear and each country is given a different colour with a darker tone around the borders to accentuate the political mapping. In the oceans, undersea trenches and basins are named with arrows indicating major ocean currents. Shading is used to represent ocean depths. Designed in Italy, the cartography is contemporary and well styled.
Choose between illuminated or non-illuminated versions. The illuminated version is mains powered and comes complete with a 15W SES fitting bulb that is readily available and easily replaced, as well as a leaflet on how to replace the bulb (adult supervision required).
- Available in Illuminated and Non-illuminated models
- Also available in Antique Ocean (Carbon Executive)
- Made in Corby, Northamptonshire, in the heart of the UK.
- National Geographic cartography.
- Up-to-date cartography
- Highly detailed map with over 2000 place names and pieces of information.
- Blue Ocean style globe. Also available in Antique Ocean.
- Politically mapped with clear country borders.
Base & Meridian
- Dark grey scratch-resistant plastic base.
- Base houses metal weight for added stability.
- Transparent durable plastic meridian.
About National Geographic
The National Geographic Society has been inspiring people to care about the planet since 1888. It is one of the largest non-profit scientific and educational institutions in the world. Its interests include geography, archaeology and natural science, the promotion of environmental and historical conservation. The National Geographic Society has made a major contribution to our knowledge of the world and has opened a new window for us to learn about our planet. National Geographic supports long term exploration projects of many scientists and many of the great ground-breaking discoveries of the last century have been founded and sponsored by National Geographic.
|Ball Diameter||30.5cm (12")|
|Globe Width||30.5cm (12")|
|Globe Surface Material||Plastic|
|Cartography Style||Political Mapping|
|Country of Manufacture||United Kingdom|
|Delivery Weight (kg)||2|