012 Scott Globe Bar Made in Italy *Seconds*
- Chip on edge of base - shown on photo
- 40cm (16") diameter globe
- Antique ocean colour ball
- Genuine Italian bar globe made in Rimini, Italy
- 17th century old-world mapping
- Globe ball fits up to 4 bottles and up to 9 glasses
- Solid hardwood and legs
- See more product details
Availability: In stock
Regular Price: £230.00
Scott Globe Bar Made in Italy
The Scott Globe Bar has 17th-century antique globe ball map and is beautifully crafted in Italy. This globe drinks cabinet Italian craftsmanship from the globe maker Zoffoli.
This globe's name comes from the famous explorer Robert Falcon Scott. In the early 20th century he led two expeditions to the Antarctic regions in the name of discovery.
This deluxe model can carry at least 6 bottles and 9 glasses, is brand new and suitable for both large and small rooms. The stand is made from chestnut stained solid hardwood legs mounted to a durable veneered base. The equator ring and base have been screen printed with detail from the period. The Scott bar globe's map is a 17th century is ideal for any environment and a great centre piece for any room with its 16" antique replica globe ball.
- A reproduction of a 17th century map.
- Map designed by Pierre Duval, a french cartographer who worked for the French King Louis XIV
- Exact date unknown, but it is somewhere between 1647 and 1683
- A vintage feel from the 17th century old world mapping
- Text hand drawn in Latin adding to the classic feel of the globe
- Illustrations of 17th century ships on the oceans
- Illustrations of wildlife including bears and elephants
- Illustrations of buildings including the pyramids and major cities at the time
|Ball Diameter||40.5cm (16")|
|Globe Width||56cm (22")|
|Globe Surface Material||Traditional Paper Gores|
|Cartography||17th Century Map|
|Cartography Style||Physical Mapping|
|Country of Manufacture||Italy|
|Delivery Weight (kg)||10|