- 30cm (12") diameter globe
- Antique ocean globe with classic charm
- Luxury antique brass effect metal meridian
- Highly detailed with over 4000 place names
- Up-to-date cartography
- Made in the UK
- See more product details
Availability: In stock
About The Globe
Beautiful form. The Vienna desktop world globe has a style and elegance all its own. It has a 12" (30cm) diameter antique globe ball that is made using traditional techniques and features the popular raised relief, revealing the world's main mountain ranges in a tactile way. It has an up to date map with over 4,000 place names and pieces of information. The cartographer has included illustrations of historical vessels, together with names of explorers, the routes taken and the dates to add further interest to this beautiful globe. The combination of an antique brass-plated, calibrated semi-meridian, mounted atop an antique brass plated base ensures the enduring appeal of the Vienna globe. It adds character in all room environments so is a safe choice that removes any need to match wood finishes.
This globe is made in Corby, Northamptonshire, in the heart of the UK, using recycled and recyclable materials sourced from the UK and USA and comes complete with a booklet on how to use, enjoy and care for your globe.
- Up-to-date cartography.
- Cartography designed by Cartographer K. M. Dzurny to U.N. approved standards.
- Antique Ocean globe.
- Highly detailed map with over 4000 place names.
- Politically mapped showing clear country boundaries.
- Raised relief on major mountain ranges, making them discoverable under your fingertips.
Base & Meridian
- Luxury antique brass effect metal meridian, with diecast numbers.
- Weighted base for added stability
About Replogle Globes
For over 80 years, Replogle Globes has been manufacturing high quality traditionally-made globes from its base in Chicago, Illinois.
|Globe Surface Material
|Traditional Paper Gores
|Yes, Textured Mountains
|Country of Manufacture
|Delivery Weight (kg)