National Geographic Iron Classic Illuminated Globe
- 30cm (12") illuminated globe ball
- Blue ocean ball colour
- Chromed steel stem and base
- Highly detailed map with over 2000 place names
- Politically mapped with clear country borders
- See more product details
Availability: In stock
National Geographic Iron Classic Globe
About This Globe
The Iron Blue illuminated globe has a rare combination of highly detailed globe and luxuriously minimalist style. Mounted atop a chromed steel stem and solid chromed steel base with discreet, foot-operated switch, this globe is sure to be the centre of attention in any contemporary room or office setting.
The Iron Blue illuminated globe is one of the latest series of globes to feature National Geographic cartography. Over 2,000 place names are included. The text is clear and each country is given a different colour with a darker tone around the borders to accentuate the political mapping. In the oceans, undersea trenches and basins are named with arrows indicating major ocean currents. Shading is used to represent ocean depths.
- National Geographic cartography.
- Up-to-date cartography
- Politically mapped
- Highly detailed map with over 2000 place names and pieces of information.
- Blue Ocean style globe. Also available in Antique Ocean.
- Politically mapped with clear country borders.
Base & Meridian
- Chromed Steel base and stand
About National Geographic
- The National Geographic Society has been inspiring people to care about the planet since 1888. It is one of the largest non-profit scientific and educational institutions in the world. Its interests include geography, archaeology and natural science, the promotion of environmental and historical conservation. The National Geographic Society has made a major contribution to our knowledge of the world and has opened a new window for us to learn about our planet. National Geographic supports long term exploration projects of many scientists and many of the great ground-breaking discoveries of the last century have been founded and sponsored by National Geographic.
|Ball Diameter||30.5cm (12")|
|Globe Width||30.5cm (12")|
|Globe Surface Material||Vinyl|
|Country of Manufacture|
|Delivery Weight (kg)||10|